“All you ever did was break me.” – Miley Cyrus, Wrecking Ball
I read 24 books over the past 52 weeks. And, as usual, it’s hard to select a favorite one. I only read for pleasure so if I don’t like a book, I don’t finish it. If I do finish one, I found the experience quite enjoyable.
Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories.
So, if I were to recommend a book I read this year, it would be that one.
These are the other reads from this year that I’d suggest to others
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Manhattan Projects by Jonathan Hickman
- Lazarus by Greg Rucka
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh
- Doctor Sleep (The Shining, #2) by Stephen King
- Three-Ten to Yuma and Other Stories by Elmore Leonard
- Little Green: An Easy Rawlins Mystery (Easy Rawlins #12) by Walter Mosley
- Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison by Piper Kerman
- Mo’ Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove by Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan
- The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion by Walter Mosley
- Thief of Thieves by Robert Kirkman
I read others but these are the ones that left a mark.